Friday, January 12, 2018

Can I have my holiday back?

Happy new year! πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ

The year is barely two weeks old, yet I have learnt a major lesson -- Never go on holidays, or you’ll come back to work feeling worse than before



Sigh
Don't get me wrong, I love my job! But in the past four years, I have not taken a real "break" -- I still always had "work" to do during the holiday season. 
So, I am really quite new to doing absolutely nothing -- which was basically me this past Christmas holiday.
All I did was eat, sleep, eat, sleep, eat, get fat, get fatter, eat, and watch Yoruba movies. 😐 
Don't judge me please πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
By Tuesday of my first week back to work, I was already looking forward to my next work break.  
You know it is real when you start lying to yourself on Tuesday that Friday is just around the corner  😐 

Now on to the highlights of my Christmas break:

1. I found out that my dad reads my blog posts and sometimes gists about them with my mum 😐 
I imagine their conversation will be something like
 "Ehn hen! Oya, come and see what your daughter has written oo
sigh, but daddy and mummy, is it necessary? 

2. I spent the entire break indoors with my family-- it's been so long since this happened, so I made sure to enjoy every bit of it. 
Thanks to the fuel scarcity -- there was no fuel to go out to "ja-ye" (enjoy life). 
So I basically, ate! ate! ate! forced my mum to cuddle me! ate and ate again. 
The good part was, we got to do ALL our Christmas traditions, especially the food related ones: making and eating a large basin of chin chin, roasting yam and of-course killing goat. 
3. I briefly met up with some friends from high school— some I hadn’t seen in over 9 years. 
Last time we saw, we were just leaving high school, still thinking of petty things-- now some of us are fathers and mothers  
Dear reader, I am no longer your age mate! Old woman typing here please 😐😐

4. I got the most amazing Christmas present ever— 
Perhaps I should go back to the DJ life? 

5. I slept at least thrice everyday 

6. I became FAT 
7. I decided to lose the fat through exercise
 I ended up with a sprained ankle from all the jogging and what not. and guess what? I don't think I lost even one kg. 😐😐

Well, here we are-- definitely back to work... 
Just incase my employers are reading this -- While the holiday was great, I am glad to be back to work 
Sykes


No comments:

Post a Comment